Sarah, Monday Motivator
- What does your workout routine look like these days?
I recently started a new job, so the honest answer is: not as consistent as I’d like because I’m adjusting to an entirely new schedule. However, as things start to calm down with my schedule, I hope to get back into the groove of two 60 min. personal training sessions with Ari and two spin classes per week, with one Row+Strength or TRX class sprinkled in.
- What inspires you to stay motivated?
Lots of things, really. There’s the vanity of it all… I look and feel a LOT better when I’m exercising regularly. But there’s also a social fulfillment with being part of the Rev fam that I love. I get to see and support friends I’ve had for decades when I come to class, I make new friends at the classes I go to regularly, and I can keep up with my active family members and friends when we do things like go for hikes together.
- How’s PT going with Ari? Any advice you could share for someone on the fence about jumping into PT themselves?
Personal training is an investment in yourself that is SO worth it. I still get a little self-conscious in classes, but the longer I work with Ari (we’ve been working together for about 8 months now), the stronger and therefore more confident I feel. She pushes me out of my comfort zone. Whether it’s a new movement or revisiting a movement I struggle with, working with heavier weights or slamming the battle ropes, Ari helps me feel confident that I’m capable of anything. Plus… as I mentioned before, my schedule can sometimes be a bit hectic and the classes I want to go to don’t always work for me. PT is great because Ari and I can work together to find times to work out that make sense for both of us. If you’re on the fence about PT, trust me: jump.
- Fave Rev class and why?
RevRide with Amanda for a few reasons:
- It was one of the first Rev classes I ever took.
- Amanda was my first new friend in high school; watching her thrive and be completely in her element up on that podium fills me with a ton of pride!
- I see the strength I gain from turning up the resistance in her classes in unexpected ways… I recently visited a friend in San Francisco and was able to climb those infamous hills on a bike with relative ease; definitely couldn’t have done that without all the metaphorically muddy hills Amanda makes us climb in class!
- I’m not a morning person. Never will be. So I rarely get to take any of Rachel’s classes
- Anything fun on your bucket list for “end of summer?”
There are a lot of restaurants with some stunning outdoor spaces I’ve been wanting to get to… hopefully I can squeeze a few more indulgent meals in at those places (and follow them up with a Rev workout, of course) before the cold weather comes!
- If you could workout with anyone – living or passed on – who would it be and why?
Ashley Graham. I’ve been watching her crush workouts via Instagram for years while unapologetically celebrating her strength and her body and I absolutely live for it. She’s arguably one of the OGs of the body positivity movement and her example has definitely helped me work towards a place of self-acceptance and self-love. I may never have a tiny waist or a flat tummy, but I’m strong AF and that feels fan-freaking-tastic.
NEW INSTRUCTOR: MEET SAM!Hailing from Pittsburgh with a few years of instructing already under her belt, Sam is here and ready to rock your ride! The best way to get to know here? Get into a class with her! Peep her on the indoor cycling schedule 4:30pm on Mondays and...
FALL GEAR MINI LAUNCHOur fall mini launch is finally here! Sports bras by Champion, the most perfect navy lululemon and more. Shop it all in-studio now, or online. Select in-studio pickup or shipping and we'll get you the goods no matter where you are. Be sure to peep...
GOOD MOOD FOOD POP-UPGood Mood Food is stopping by Revolution Indoor Cycling this Saturday, 10/9! Book a bike or class in the lab and treat yourself to the REAL FOOD of Good Mood Food. Specializing in health conscious food for everyone, including gluten free (gf),...