Movin’ On Up (to the second floor)
The owners of Rev have been VERY busy lately. Growing tiny humans and growing our business at the same time. With the signing of a long-term lease at 1716 Main Street, which believe it or not was at one time just supposed to be a temporary home for us, comes major updates.
If you’re unfamiliar with the story, we started out in a small carriage house with 15 bikes back in December 2014. Throughout the absolute coldest and snowiest winter we can remember, we got up at 4am to shovel that narrow driveway ourselves, lugged home all the towels to wash in our basements and return the next morning, spent our Fridays cleaning the studio ourselves, and had no other staff besides the three of us (and our husbands who doubled as desk staff and maintenance men), which meant teaching through bronchitis, stomach flus, you name it. And during that time, you showed up too. You penguin walked down that slippery driveway, fought hard for a seat with our limited class schedule, supported our first instructor hires and always rooted for us.
Then, just as we outgrew that little carriage house seven months into opening, we learned of some structural issues with our space and had to find a new home. You cried with us and supported us as we held classes outdoors to keep things as normal as possible. And through nothing short of what we call the power of positive thinking, we found 1716 Main Street and there began Rev 2.0, quite literally THREE days after we learned the unfortunate news about our carriage house. If that is not just the universe aligning, we don’t know what is.
Then came the waiting game. The building went through ownership changes and we waited patiently (so, so patiently) for a long-term lease. In the meantime, we increased our bikes from 15 to 39, grew our staff to 15, and continued to add new class formats to our schedule to keep everyone challenged. But now comes the fun part! Rev is effectively doubling our occupied space.
What does that mean for you?
- Locker rooms and showers: Whether you need to freshen up with some dry shampoo & a hair dryer or take a full-on shower before work (or that Friday night hot date!), we’ve got you.
- Private, separate personal training space with private bathroom and shower: No more working around the current class schedule to book your sessions!
- A closed-off cycling room: More darkness = more get outta your head good feels.
- Second floor group fitness classes: Love your 5:45am RevRide? It’s still rockin’! Wish you could get your RevShred on at 5:45am instead? You can!
- One more awesome amenity: Announcement to come!
We will keep you updated as the project moves forward! Huge thanks to Long Architects for their great work on our drawings. Thank you for your constant support, we can’t wait to enter this next phase with you!