Hello February! And hello, Kelly! This week's Monday Motivator is full of good vibes. Between TRX, spin and her dedication to yoga practice at Power Yoga Buffalo, Kelly knows how important it is to strive for balance of body and mind. Read on to learn more about this awesome chick and be sure to say hi!
1. Tell us about your fitness journey.
I’ve always been active and interested in trying new routines/activities. I’ve cycled and practiced yoga for over 15 years. I’m in my happy place on my bike or mat. I’ve realized relatively recently how important having a community of amazing people to enjoy fitness is - both to mind + body. Revolution is an amazing community that allows everyone to laugh, sweat, and have fun.
2. Describe your best workout ever (BWE) in three words.
Outside Sweating [with] Friends!
3. What song are you currently obsessed with?
Coldplay - Adventure of a Lifetime. Chris Martin is a genius.
4. Do you have a mantra that motivates you?
Life doesn’t happen to you, life happens for you. Courtesy of Catherine Cook-Cottone (Buffalo Power Yoga).
5. What are two things you can’t start your day without?
Bootleg Bucha (Buffalo’s Kombucha brewers!) and Pandora - Indie Dance Radio.
6. What's the healthiest thing in your fridge right now?
Well, I moved this past week and have been living on take out. So, unfortunately, the healthiest thing in my fridge is General Tso’s Chicken.
7. What is the oldest thing in your fridge right now?
General Tso’s Chicken.
8. TRX or Spin? That’s like King Solomon splitting the baby. Spin! Nothing better than a good, solid climb.
9. AM or PM workouts? AM workouts.
10. Yoga pants or jeans? Jeans.